Only the wooden box of the old compass case by Domenico Lusverg remains, described in the 1843 inventory at N. 51 as "A shaped wooden case with grooved inner compartments containing: A large compass by Domenico Lusverg with two points one of which is fixed: pen and pencil holder spare. A small accurate steel compass." The inventory revision of 1849 signaled the loss of the pencil holder of the large compass.
For information on the Lusverg family of craftsmen see Tabarroni and P. Todesco, op. cit.
G. Tabarroni (1954), p. 43.
P. Todesco (1995).